To work with Curriculum staff in a dedicated area to support behaviour management and engagement of learners on all aspect of their study programme
To meet the needs of learners learning needs in academic, vocational and life skills development including in class and out of class support to remove barriers to accessing learning and participation.
To implement agreed learning support with individuals and groups with a view to encourage learner independence using identified support strategies
1. To provide appropriate in and out of class learning support for groups and /or individuals. This may include residential activities, educational visits, enrichment activities and work experience when required.
2. Monitor learner(s) responses to activities and where appropriate, modify or adapt the activities as agreed with the tutor to achieve the intended learning outcome.
3. To give positive encouragement, feedback and praise to reinforce and sustain the learner (s) efforts and develop self-reliance and self-esteem
4. To promote the independence and employ strategies to recognise and reward achievement.
5. To contribute to the planning, differentiation and target setting for learners needs with curriculum staff.
6. Support the lecturer in managing student behaviour, reporting difficulties as appropriate. Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
7. Encourage students to, interact with others, engage in activities led by lecturer and act independently as appropriate.
8. To record, review and adapt strategies throughout the academic year using student ILP and other college systems.
9. To establish productive working relationships with students acting as a role model and setting high expectations
10. To develop and adapt accessible resources and materials prior to lessons to maximise all learning opportunities.
11. To assist learners with the use of specialist equipment and embed the use of assistive technology to promote independence.
12. To develop positive working practices with external agencies where/when appropriate in order to gather accurate information to inform learning support.
13. To engage in continuous professional development.
14. Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.