27.5 hours per week, Term Time only + 5 training days
£12,756 - £12,814 per annum inclusive of Outer London Weighting, Scale 1b
Additional Allowance: £822 (SSA)
Location: Hillingdon, Middlesex
Work Pattern: 9.05am – 3.05pm
Start Date: As soon as possible
Due to our expanding roll and the changing needs of our students an opportunity has arisen for a number of Teaching Assistants to join our dedicated team of staff and work with students with SEN and challenging behaviour.
Meadow High School is a special needs school which provides education for secondary aged students aged 11-19 years with moderate and complex needs including challenging behaviour and autism. The post involves working alongside teachers, supporting pupils learning environment and personal care. Enthusiasm and the ability to cope with the physical demands of working with these pupils is required. Induction and training including First Aid and Team Teach will be given for this rewarding job which offers the chance to progress.
The school had received a good OFSTED report for the quality of the teaching it provides.
Applicants should have:
- A sound knowledge of Literacy and Numeracy (assessed at interview)
- A desire for with working with students who have moderate and complex learning difficulties
- Previous experience (although consideration will be given to applicants with relevant skills)
- Good communication skills
- Enthusiasm for supporting children and their learning
- The ability to work well on your own and as part of a team
- A positive attitude and sense of humour
- A willingness to learn new skills
- A willingness to undertake personal care of pupils
Applicants who are willing to have training to drive the school minibus are especially welcome. The successful applicant must have a high standard of written and spoken English.
CLOSING DATE: 02 July 2018 - NOON
INTERVIEW DATE: w/c 09 July 2018
(A group interview will be held and successful applicants will be invited for a second interview)
CVs will not be accepted.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Please do not apply directly to the school (applications must be submitted online).
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.