Campsbourne School is a popular and successful two form entry primary school in the London borough of Haringey. We are fortunate to be located on the boarders of Alexandra Palace Park and have substantial grounds. We have imaginative, creative and enthusiastic children who are eager to learn and a highly experienced and inspirational teaching staff who are dedicated to providing the best all round education for our children and a strong commitment to inclusive practice.
We are seeking to appoint a teaching assistant to support children in a year 1 class with their learning.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Demonstrates successful experience of working in a primary setting.
- Can work as part of the staff team at the direction of the Class Teacher / Deputy Headteacher (Inclusion Manager) to support teaching provision and children’s learning.
- Under the guidance of the Deputy Headteacher, have one to one responsibility, to work with individuals and groups of pupils in class, and in the playground, including those pupils with additional educational needs, to help them to achieve to the best of their ability.
- At the direction of Class Teachers, to help to organise activities, prepare resources and implement strategies for teaching and learning.
- Observe pupils' performance, and using the systems in place in the school/class, provide the teacher with feedback on pupil progress in relation to provision.
- Are highly motivated and energetic
- Have high standards and expectations
- Can supervise and manage children's behaviour effectively
- Relate to children with patience, kindness, firmness and good humour
- Deal with pupils in a positive and encouraging manner
· Have a passion for helping children develop their social and emotional skills.
- Are able to work in a way that promotes the safety and well being of all children and young people.
We can offer you:
· A supportive, collegiate and motivated team
· Enthusiastic, friendly children with a love of learning
· High quality professional development opportunities
· An inclusive school with a ‘can do’ ethos
· Strong ambitious leadership with a clear sense of strategic direction
· Supportive parents and governors.
· Excellent transport links (Walking distance, through a park, to Alexandra Palace Train Station and close to Wood Green / Turnpike Lane on the Piccadilly Line
· Campsbourne Primary School and the local authority are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment
· The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the person specification and will be subject to pre-employment checks including a health check, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
· Campsbourne Primary School actively promotes the core British Values defined by the Department for Education as: democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
· The school is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the promotion of equal opportunities and diversity.
To apply please contact Victoria Keverne at the school office for an application pack. Candidates are required to complete an application form and write a statement which demonstrates how they meet the Person Specification. Completed application forms should be sent to Victoria Keverne.