36 hours per week (pupil term-time plus 5 days)
Cranford Community College is a large, friendly school in West London with a fantastic personal development programme for staff at all levels. We have been judged as outstanding by OFSTED and are a lead teaching school.
We are looking to expand our team of permanent Teaching Assistants to work within the Special Education Needs & Disabilities (SEND) department which includes mainstream support within a large secondary school, as well as specialist provision for students with ASD and SpLD. Whether you are an experienced Teaching Assistant looking to develop your skills and knowledge in a supportive and happy school where personal development is at the centre of everything we do, or a graduate interested in a career in teaching or SEND, we would love to hear from you.
What we can offer:
• Great opportunities for professional development and progression within the SEND department and the school
• Excellent resources and support working alongside high performing and enthusiastic colleagues in one of the top 100 schools in the country.
• Highly motivated students and supportive parents
• A programme of amazing extra-curricular and international experiences
• The chance to make a real difference in the lives of young people
What you can offer:
• Experience of working with young people in a school or similar setting
• Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
• A passion for supporting young people with special needs to overcome barriers to their learning and achieve their ambitions
•An ability to build positive relationships with children and adults
•Strong organisation skills and an ability to maintain accurate and appropriate records
•A calm, supportive manner and a willingness to be adaptable
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers must share this commitment therefore all posts are subject to enhanced DBS checking.
Closing date: 12.00 Midday, Tuesday 17th April 2018