Executive Headteacher – Mr Andrew Shakos
TEACHING ASSISTANT LEVEL 2 SEN
Ashton on Mersey School is part of The Dean Trust’s family of ten schools. The school is a very popular and over-subscribed mixed 11-18 school situated in pleasant surroundings on the outskirts of Manchester, and enjoys a close partnership with Manchester United Football Club, its principal sponsor.
Over the years we have become a school of first choice; we continue to build and develop on our success and were delighted to be awarded with the Greater Manchester Secondary School of the Year Award in 2014.
Ashton on Mersey School is an exceptional school with an outstanding reputation founded on our Mission Statement: ‘To provide opportunities in order to assist all pupils to achieve their full potential and to treat pupils as we would wish to have our own children treated.’ This ethos exists in every aspect of the school as we seek to provide each student with the opportunity to attain their full academic potential and the skills and qualifications to access further education or the world of work.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
West Trafford Learning Partnership is seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant Level 2 SEN to join a very talented and dedicated team of staff, who are determined to provide the best quality teaching and support for every pupil, and who are committed to maintaining our high standards.
• Experience of working with or caring for children of relevant age
• To have attended basic TA training at a college of further education (e.g. NCFE level 1 Training) and be working towards NVQ2 or similar qualifications (e.g. CACHE level 2)
• To have some knowledge of NC requirements, especially literacy, numeracy and PSHE (e.g. ELS/ ALS/ FLS/ LPU/ Springboard)
• A commitment to ensuring that every pupil is given the opportunity to achieve their potential and meet the high expectations set for them
• A continued commitment to their own professional development
The post holder will be required to work under the instruction/guidance of teaching/senior staff to undertake work/care/support programmes, to enable access to learning for pupils and to assist the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area. May be required to supervise groups of pupils undertaking activities in non-teaching situations.
For more information about Ashton on Mersey School please click on the 'learn more about this school' button below.
CLOSE DATE: 10AM TUESDAY 23RD APRIL 2019
The Dean Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring check and Disqualification