Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced Level 2 Teaching Assistant to join a “Good”, two-form entry primary school in Lewisham, South East London (SE13). The full-time Level 2 Teaching Assistant position is required to start September 2018 and will be appointed on a permanent basis with an hourly rate of £10.20.
About the Role
· Teaching Assistant
· Flexibility for role to be in either Year 2 or KS2 class
· Full time, term time only
· September 2018 start
· Supporting class teacher
· Promoting social skills
· Small group interventions
· Some 1:1 support for children with additional needs
· Assist with preparation of classroom resources
· Show patience, empathy and sympathy towards young children
· Hourly rate of £10.20
About the School
· Rated “Good” by Ofsted
· Two-form entry
· Catering for students from Nursery – Year 6
· Maximum 30 students in class
· Three teaching assistants per year group and additional 1:1 support where needed
· Staff and students represent a diverse culture
· High population of students who come from minority groups
· Large playgrounds with trees, grassy areas and flower beds
· Located in residential area
· Located between Lewisham and Greenwich, a short walk from the DLR
In order to be considered for this role, the Teaching Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
· Hold a Level 2 Teaching Assistant / Early Years Qualification
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum and leading a team
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number BXB9017.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.