St James the Great Catholic Primary School,
Peckham Road London, SE15 5LP
Tel: 020 7703 5870
TEACHING ASSISTANT VACANCY
2 Term Contract
Term Time Only
30 hours / week
Monday – Friday, term time only
Grade 5 Spine Point 16
Salary £14,570 pro rata
The Headteacher and Governors are seeking to appoint an excellent Teaching Assistant, for teaching pupils at the upper end of KS2.
Applicants must be enthusiastic and positive individuals who enjoy working with children and are committed to working as part of an energetic and friendly staff team.
Applicants should have:
Excellent English, Mathematics and communication skills.
- Experience of working with and supporting children to enable them to make accelerated progress in their learning to achieve age related expectations at the end of Year 6.
- An understanding of the National Curriculum
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of and promote the ethos of our Catholic school.
St James the Great is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure and provide references. CV’s are not accepted.
We can offer you:
- Friendly, enthusiastic, aspiring children
- A strong dynamic, creative leadership
- Dedicated and skilled staff team
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be obtained from the school office in person or by email at email@example.com or website.
For any further details please contact the school on the telephone number above.
Completed application should be returned to the school either by email or post by:
Closing date: 22nd December 2017 (at noon)
Interviews: 8th January 2018