Teaching Assistant Roles
Salary Grade Range: Scale 4 Points 18-21
Actual Salary Range: £15,973.66-£17,291.85
Contractual Status: Fixed Term until 31/08/2018, Term Time Only
Hours: 30 hours per week
The Headteacher and Governors at Newington Green Primary School would like to appoint Teaching Assistants for September 2017.
We are looking for Teaching Assistants who are interested in working in a class based role, or one to one role for children with Special Educational Needs, across the age range from 3-11 years old. Preferences can be discussed at interview.
Please see Job description and Person Specification below, and also reasons why staff work at our school. Core hours are 9.00-3.30, Term time. The role also includes lunchtime supervision.
As a school we are committed to supporting Teaching Assistant’s professional development. We have a strong track record of supporting our Teaching Assistant staff into future chosen career paths including Teaching, Educational Psychology, Subject Specialisms, Clinical Psychology, SEN specialists, and further study e.g. Masters and PHDs.
The role of teaching assistant will have a major impact on the quality of Teaching and Learning. We are looking for someone who can:
1. Demonstrate successful experience in a primary setting.
2. Work as part of the staff team at the direction of the HLTA/Assistant Headteacher /Class Teachers to support teaching provision and pupils' learning.
3. Under the guidance of AHT/HLTA, to work with individuals and groups of pupils in class, including those pupils with additional educational needs, to help them to achieve to the best of their ability.
4. At the direction of Class Teachers/HLTA, to help to organise classroom activities, prepare resources and implement strategies for teaching and learning.
5. Support and deliver the programmes for teaching literacy and numeracy and assist pupils to access the full curriculum. Be familiar with lesson plans, pupil targets and learning objectives.
6. Observe pupils' performance, and using the systems in place in the school/class provide the teacher with feedback on pupil progress in relation to provision.
Newington Green is a vibrant and welcoming school, situated on the borders of Hackney, but within the London Borough of Islington. Please see our website www.newingtongreen.co.uk to find out more about us! Visits to the school are actively encouraged please contact the school office to arrange a time on 0207 254 3092.
Closing date for applications: 8.00am on Monday 25th September 2017.
Shortlisting: Monday 25th September- all candidates contacted in afternoon.
Interviews held: Thursday 28th September and Friday 29th September 2017
Please click here to apply. If you need assistance please email us at email@example.com quoting reference NG/563
Newington Green Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) with barred list check is required for all successful applicants. Also, this post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare( Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.