Humberston Academy is now recruiting for a Teaching Assistant (Level 1). This role could be the ideal next step in your career.
If you are ambitious, inspirational, creative, open-minded, and want to be part of our success then we want to hear from you. See what it means to be part of the David Ross Education trust from our children and parents here.
About the role
Teaching Assistants are appointed to work with students over the whole age range as part of a team under the general direction of the line manager and the close supervision of a classroom teacher/senior staff.
Permanent contract – 18 hours a week - term time only
Salary & Benefits
- NJC08 pro-rata £7,073.21 (FTE £16,626)
- Access to generous Local Government Pension Scheme
Who we are looking for
- Minimum of 5 A*- C GCSE grades or equivalent
- Willingness to undertake training as deemed appropriate
- Experience of dealing with young people
- Experience of working in a school environment
- Ability to provide basic learning support for students identified as having learning difficulties
- Ability to support students to help them maximise their social and academic potential
- Ability to develop an understanding of the students’ specific needs
- Assist in basic learning of students identified as SEN including statemented students
- Ability to carry out individual personal care
- Maintain appropriate records and provide reports to support assessment process
- Undertake routine activities with individual students or small groups
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Promote students’ good behaviour and discipline
- Provide routine assistance and support to students in physical/practical activities
- Ability to deal with confidential material
- Ability to carry out routine admin tasks
- Commitment to safeguarding the children and young people whilst in the school’s care
- There may be times when cover is needed in the absence of another employee
- Must be available to attend meetings once a month after school hours
About The David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) has grown to a network of 34 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. Whatever your role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. Our aim is to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment.
Please complete our application form by visiting our website.
Humberston Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants