We are looking for an experienced Teaching Assistant for Secondary. This is an exciting opportunity for a committed professional looking to start, or continue their career in a rewarding new role.
Applications are also welcomed from experienced teaching assistants interested to train as a teacher through our Harris School Direct Programme: more information is available here think-train-to-teach.
Chobham Academy opened in September 2013 after joining the highly successful group of Harris academies. This 3-18 academy is a world class educational legacy of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Situated within the new East Village complex, the academy serves the community to be established in 2,800 new homes, along with existing communities in Newham, Waltham Forest and nearby London Boroughs. In July 2015, Chobham Academy was graded as an Outstanding school in every category.
What we are looking for:
- High expectations and an unwavering belief in the potential of every child;
- A desire to make a difference to the lives of local children;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Commitment to working in partnership with teachers, parents and the community;
- A committed team player who enjoys working collaboratively;
- Commitment to your own professional development.
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link.
Why work at Chobham Academy?
- The opportunity to work in an all through academy
- A stunning working environment, in an award winning building, on the Olympic Park site
- A highly motivated team, led by exceptionally experienced and talented senior leaders
- All the advantages of a successful academy group, with a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
- Well behaved children who are motivated to learn
- A friendly and supportive staff team
For more information, please contact the academy on 0203 747 6060.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.