We are looking for an 1:1 Learning Support Assistant to join our dedicated and hard-working team at The Chalfonts Independent Grammar school in Chalfont St Giles, Buckinghamshire. The Chalfonts is a fully accredited, co-educational, International Baccalaureate (IB) World School offering the Middle Years Programme (MYP) and Diploma Programme (DP) for students aged 11 to 18 years old.
You will be committed to inclusion and have the desire to maintain the highest standards of provision for SEN pupils. You will work alongside the SENCo and class teachers to provide in-class support and always strive to ensure high standards of teaching and learning. Importantly, you will have the opportunity to raise standards and shape outcomes for students.The appointed individual will be passionate about their work, and will always strive to ensure high standards of teaching and learning. You will benefit from small class sizes and excellent professional development opportunities in a supportive environment.
We are looking for:
- Someone with experience in working with children aged 11 - 18 who have a range of special educational needs, such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, ADHD and working memory.
- An ability to write and amend IEPs.
- Progress reporting.
- An ability to nurture and encourage students' progress and self-confidence.
- Knowledge of programs such as Lucid Recall, YARC, GL Assessments, Toe by Toe, DASH and other assessing tools is desirable, but not essential.
- A BDA or similar body accreditation is desirable, but not essential.
This is an excellent opportunity to teach the renowned International Baccalaureate programme in a recognised IB World School.
Closing date: 12.00pm on Wednesday 20th June 2018
The Chalfonts independent Grammar school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and it expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.