Teaching Assistants (TA2 & TA3) – 32.25 hours per week, term time only
Salary – TA2 (Grade 4) - £17,391 - £18,672 per annum pro-rata; TA3 (Grade 6) - £20,541 - £23,866 per annum pro-rata
Closing Date – 12 noon, Monday 18th March 2019
Interview Date – Tuesday 26th March 2019
Candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be given the opportunity to visit all three of our primary academies prior to interview.
We have a number of opportunities for highly motivated and innovative Teaching Assistants (Level 2 and Level 3) to join our team at Pendle Education Trust. Posts are available in all of our primary academies; Castercliff Primary Academy, Casterton Primary Academy and Pendle Primary Academy.
Pendle Education Trust is sponsored by Nelson and Colne College, an outstanding local education provider; this is a fantastic opportunity for enthusiastic and determined Teaching Assistants to join an establishment where they can have a real impact on student aspirations and success.
Supporting and supervising students undertaking teacher designated activities, the ideal candidates will be dynamic practitioners who promote and uphold the same high expectations as the Trust and its students. With a focus on sharing good practice, they will be committed to their own continuous professional development, and will engage enthusiastically with our quality processes to ensure that our students receive an outstanding experience.
The Trust offers unparalleled staff benefits including fantastic professional development opportunities. Championing success and building student confidence, these posts offer a real opportunity for someone with contagious enthusiasm to inspire and make a difference.
Key duties include:
• Supporting designated students with special needs, including emotional and behavioural difficulties
• Assisting the class teacher with the monitoring of students’ progress and the identification and preparation of appropriate materials and resources for teaching purposes
• Valuing and supporting students to achieve their full potential
• Being responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and/or vulnerable adults
• Level 3 teaching assistants will also be required to provide cover to classes and deliver pre-planned activities in the absence of a class teacher.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Level 2 Numeracy and Literacy qualification
• 4 GCSEs at grade C including Maths and English (desirable)
• Level 3 Teaching and Learning, or other relevant qualification (desirable for level 2 teaching assistants)
• Experience of working with children in an Education or Childcare environment
• Experienced/ trained first aider (desirable)
If you're interested in these positions and would like to submit an application then complete our application form. Please state clearly on the application whether you are intending to apply for a level 2 or level 3 position.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note: All of our positions are subject to an enhanced DBS check. If there’s any reason why this may preclude you from being considered, please contact the Pendle Education Trust team.