We are looking for an experienced teaching assistant to support the Student Services department and teaching staff in lessons in all disciplines, supervising student learning activities.
A teaching assistant performs an important role in contemporary classrooms. Those working as teacher aides allow class teachers to concentrate on the task they do best, nurturing young minds. The best teaching assistants are those that allow classes to start and progress smoothly.
Candidates for the role are expected to be able to deal with all aspects of the classroom environment. The main focus of the job is to provide targeted intervention which assists certain pupils within lessons, especially learners with special needs or non-native level English speakers. Other teaching based tasks include classroom and materials preparation, administration, student record maintenance and liaising with parents. In addition the TSA may be responsible for the mentoring and pastoral support of a number of students allocated to them as part of the overall pastoral care offered at the UTC.
- Ideally, but not essential experience of supporting SEN and other children in an educational setting.
- An ability to facilitate student’s academic progress when faced with challenge.
- To be able to build rapport with students which maximises their academic potential and supports their well-being.
- An ability to be creative and flexible in dealing with behaviour, promoting good standards and encouraging learning.
- Have good Maths, English and IT skills.
- Have good interpersonal abilities, such as patience and enthusiasm, to model high expectations and levels of responsibility.
- Be well organised and able to work independently and as part of a team.
Silverstone UTC is a truly collaborative environment with teams brought together from the worlds of education and business. To maximise achievement and develop business ready young people, Silverstone operates a 9am – 5pm day, term time only and contracts reflect this. As part of that team, not only will you be delivering first class education, you will have a unique opportunity to help shape and develop Silverstone UTC into a nationally renowned establishment that meets the needs of its students and employment partners alike.
The Silverstone UTC opened in September 2013 and is an educational partnership sponsored by The University of Northampton and Silverstone Circuits Ltd.