37 hours per week for 42 weeks per year (paid for 47.5 weeks to include holiday entitlement). £21,213 - £22,508 pro rata
Sparsholt College comprises 2 campuses – our land-based College site near Winchester and our Tertiary site in Andover. This post relates to the Andover campus - which largely serves the local Andover community; with some students coming from Wiltshire (mainly Salisbury) as well as nearby Test Valley locations.
The Andover campus has a strong community identity and is renowned for the care and support it offers students. The ALS team at Andover comprises of an experienced, dedicated and committed team of staff – and this includes a healthy mix of new arrivals and longer standing personnel. The team works across the entire curriculum (from Foundation to Level 3) and has strong working relationships with all academic departments.
The successful candidate will be joining a motivated team at a time of genuine challenge within the FE sector. The post will suit someone ideally with LSA experience who thrives on variety, responsibility and making a difference to the lives of young people. The successful candidate will be responsible for the line management of a team of Learning Support Assistants as well as having some LSA timetabled duties assisting individual learners to realise their learning goals and full potential.
The full time equivalent salary for this post is £21,213 - £22,508. As this role is 37 hours per week for 42 week per year, the actual salary is £19,377 - £20,560 including holiday pay.
Outside of the contracted 42 weeks opportunities do arise in the Summer period to assist other departments with administrative support. Additional payment would apply for any such hours worked.
Closing Date: 16 July 2018
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death benefit grant of 3 X salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on- site parking
• Car Care Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Access to an Employee Assistance Scheme
• You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey
• Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
• Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications.
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices