Coloma Convent Girls’ School in Shirley, London is proudly recognised as a World Class School and is one of the top non-selective secondary schools in the country. We are consistently oversubscribed and have received four ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted and four ‘Outstanding’ Diocesan reports and ‘World Class School’ status (September 2017).
We seek to appoint a dynamic and well qualified Team Leader of Physics to join our high achieving school. Applications are considered from either exceptional existing or aspiring leaders of physics. Candidates should be able to teach across the age and ability range to A-level and to provide evidence of successful teaching strategies and excellent organisational skills.
Coloma is very proud of its history of academic achievement; this is due to hard work, focus and dedication to Coloma’s ethos shown by pupils and staff alike. In 2017 we achieved remarkable exam results with 0.6 Progress 8 at GCSE and 66% A*-B at A-Level.
We value excellent relationships within a caring community. Extra-curricular activities play a huge part in the life and success of the school and pastoral systems are extremely strong.
· A school with a strong commitment to your professional development
· A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
· The opportunity to work in a team where your skills, enthusiasm and hard work will be appreciated
· The opportunity to work within the largest cosmopolitan centre outside of Central London, undergoing substantial redevelopment, growth and change
· A school that invests in enrichment and extra-curricular activities
Do not be put off applying for a post if you are not a practising Catholic. We welcome applications from colleagues who are supportive of the values of a Catholic School. Many of our staff are members of religious faiths other than Catholic and make an enormous contribution to the well-being of our students.
Your application is a direct permanent application to our school.
Closing Date: 9.00am, Monday 22nd January 2018
Please Note: Applications from Agencies will not be accepted.