Newton Abbot College, Old Exeter Road, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 2NF
11 – 19 Academy; Roll 1135 (158 in Sixth Form)
TEAM LEADER - SCIENCE (TPR + TLR 1b £9,669)
Required for January 2019
Imagine what’s possible…
Students at Newton Abbot College enjoy science and achieve results that are well above the national average. The Science department is a well-organised and highly motivated group of teachers who share their experience and expertise to ensure that every student gets a great education in a subject that can explain and change the world.
Our Science Team consists of nine teaching staff (including Subject Team Leader and Assistant Team Leader), one Science specific Teaching Assistant and two Science Technicians. All of our current Science teachers have joined the College since September 2013 and they make up a new, fresh, inspirational, committed and professional team of excellent teachers.
We are seeking an outstanding individual with drive, passion, enthusiasm and ambition to lead our Science Department into the next phase of its development and beyond. Your challenge will be to lead the team in teaching excellent and interactive lessons, leading to high levels of student progress.
- an inspirational, dedicated and forward thinking classroom practitioner
- able to teach Biology, Chemistry or Physics to A Level (Chemistry or Physics may be an advantage)
- able to deliver excellent Science lessons at Key Stages 3, 4 and 5 (A Level)
- committed to raising standards
- creative, conscientious and enthusiastic?
- have a track record of excellent teaching and outcomes for students
- be able to ensure continuous progress and consistent high attainment for all students
- demonstrate excellent planning, communication and organisational skills
- be able to enthuse and motivate all students
- have incredibly high expectations
- be able to motivate the team to further progress with their teaching, results and professional development
- believe that all students are capable of success.
We welcome applications from those looking for their first promotion or those with middle management experience. If you relish the opportunities and challenges which this role presents, think you can make a difference to our College and like the idea of joining our successful, supportive and highly motivated team in the delivery of excellence through education, then we want to hear from you!
We, at Newton Abbot College (“Good” OFSTED May 2018) have exceptional expectations of our students and staff and we welcome applicants who share our commitment to place student learning at the centre of everything we do. Our induction programme is excellent and all staff are involved in an innovative CPD programme.
Sounds exciting? Then get in touch.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expect all staff to share this commitment. If successful, you will undergo Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service and employment checks.
Details available on the College website www.nacollege.devon.sch.uk. Only applications submitted on the College’s online application form will be considered. Tel: 01626 367335; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 17 October 2018 at noon; Interview date: 30 October 2018