Vision for Education are recruiting for Team Teach Trained Teaching Assistants and Support Workers to work exclusively in Special Educational Needs (SEN) Schools and Provisions in Cambridge.
As a Teaching Assistant, each day for you will be different and unique. You will be working with students with a range of complex needs, including Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD), Severe Learning Disabilities (SLD), Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) Difficulties and Autism (ASD/ASC). You will be expected to support children in specialist learning areas within the school, such as Sensory Rooms and Hydrotherapy Pools. The role will be spread across Key Stages and may involve you working within different classes if required. You will need to be pro-active within the classroom, have a genuine passion and willingness to join in with school activities and have energy and enthusiasm for supporting children and young people.
It is essential that you have a valid and in-date Team Teach Training Certificate for this position. You must also have a good understanding of de-escalation strategies and be confident in responding to behaviours that may be challenging.
This position would begin on a day to day supply basis, with the potential of becoming a long-term, permanent position if you are the right person for the school.
Previous Learning Support/Teaching Assistant/SEN Support experience is advantageous for this role, although this is not essential. This is because we are really looking for individuals who have the right attitude, desire and passion to support children and young people with Special Educational Needs. We will also be considering people who are from a Support Worker, Personal Assistant and/or Career background within the SEND Sector.
In return for your hard work and expertise, you will be rewarded with:
· Excellent and transparent rates of pay.
· Consistent training courses such as Team Teach, Moving & Handling Autism Awareness and eLearning Courses by EduCare (paid for by Vision) to continue your Individual Professional Development.
· Generous Refer a Friend Scheme.
· Dedicated team that work with our supply staff to place them in schools and locations that suit them.
· Wages paid directly into your bank account every week via PAYE (not through an umbrella company)
· We are an agency that won't charge your school a fee should they wish to offer you a permanent contract; we won't stand in the way of your career.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this position. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.