£15,075 - £18,290 pro rata (depending on experience and qualifications)
20.5 hours per week for 52 weeks per year OR 25 hours per week for 38 weeks per year
Working within the Science laboratories, the post holder will be required to prepare essential student resources for practical classes in a range of courses including A Level Physics, Biology and Chemistry. You should have a thorough working understanding of the importance of health and safety within science laboratories including writing COSHH and Risk Assessments.
The successful applicant will hold a relevant Level 3 qualification and have demonstrable practical skills. Experience is desirable but not essential.
The actual salary range will be £8,352 - £10,169.
Please set out your preferred working pattern within your application form.
This position will be based at the Andover campus.
Closing Date: 25 May 2018
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Holiday entitlement of 22 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas. (pro-rated for part-time staff)
• Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement (If 52 weeks are worked)
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
• Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
• Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider