Marist College Ashgrove is a Catholic day and boarding school for boys in Years 5-12, situated in Brisbane's inner Northern suburbs. Inspired by the work of St Marcellin Champagnat, we pride ourselves on delivering excellent academic and career pathway results for our inclusive community of students.
An opportunity exists for an enthusiastic Technology Officer to join a team who are focused on delivering the highest level of assistance in support of the Technology Department. This position is a full-time, 38 hour per week continuing position with a 12 July 2021 (Term 3) start date. This role will be remunerated at the School Officers Classification Level 5 of the Catholic Employing Authorities Single Enterprise Collective Agreement – Religious Institute Schools of Queensland 2019-2023 of $34.3737 per hour
As an integral part of this team, you will provide support for the learning of students in the Technology area and maintaining the resources within the Technology teaching area by ensuring that stock levels, learning aids and machinery are adequate to meet the needs of the Technology area.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Previous experience working in a similar environment or a Tradesperson with building/carpentry and/or metal work experience with a good understanding of machine maintenance and operation across a wide range of equipment.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work within a team and communicate clearly to a range of people.
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise and manage work, with attention to detail.
- Excellent range of administrative skills and the enthusiasm to learn.
- Ability to be flexible and manage competing demands.
- Teaching qualifications would be highly advantageous.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- A valid Queensland working with Children Check is mandatory;
- Relevant qualifications or experience working in a similar environment;
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise and manage work with attention to detail;
- High level computing and communication skills – written, oral and verbal.
How to Apply
Your application needs to include the following:
- Cover letter outlining why you are applying for the position;
- Resume including two referees;
- A succinct overview of how you meet each of the essential selection criteria
- A completed application form which is available from the College website
Note: To be considered for this role you must clearly address each of the essential criteria outlining how you meet the expectations.
The Recruitment Process
If your application is accepted for the next stage, you will be invited to attend an interview.
Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the College reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found. The advertisement will be removed once an appointment has been made.
All candidates will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
All applicants will receive an email confirmation of the receipt of their application.
Marist College Ashgrove is a non-smoking workplace.
Applications close Wednesday 26th May 2021 at 12 noon.
Enquiries only (please do not email your application) should be addressed to:
Head of Staff Services
Marist College Ashgrove
Ph 3858 4643 or 3011 1308
Please visit: https://www.marash.qld.edu.au/about-mca/current-vacancies for a position description and to download the applicati on form.
Marist College Ashgrove
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
Marist College Ashgrove is a boys' Catholic day and boarding school serving more than 1,500 students aged 10-18 (Years 5-12), 200 of whom board at the school. It is located in Ashgrove, a northern suburb of Brisbane, Queensland and employs 142 teache...