TEMPORARY TEACHER OF ENGINEERING: MPS/UPS (Part-time, up to 10 hours/week. 1 year contract)
Required: September 2019
Twynham School is seeking a teacher of exceptionally high calibre to join us on an incredibly exciting journey as we further develop our highly successful Technology Department to include BTEC Level 2 Engineering.
Twynham School is a very special place with an excellent reputation both locally and nationally. Achievement is exceptionally high, students are well-behaved and eager to learn and relationships are very special.
This position offers a unique opportunity for a qualified teacher who has a passion for STEM and Engineering in particular.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who will relish the opportunity to:
• Teach Engineering across Key Stage 4 and primarily to our Year 11s
• Improve outcomes for students and have a direct impact of students’ life chances
• Work with exceptional professionals to further develop a shared understanding of learning
• Shape the direction of the Engineering at Twynham School
You are likely to be someone who:
• Is seeking a rewarding challenge
• Is an exceptional classroom teacher
• Has a proven track-record of improving outcomes for students or demonstrates the ability to do so
• Has exceptionally high expectations for students
• Believes that league tables are not the main focus for education
• Will embrace our highly supportive and professional culture
Twynham School can offer you:
• The opportunity to work with wonderful young people and their families
• The opportunity to work with exceptional colleagues throughout our school
• High quality continued professional development and opportunities to progress
• The opportunity to work within Twynham Learning; a forward-thinking multi-academy trust
• The opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful areas of the South Coast
Applicants are invited to apply direct through the TES or by visiting www.twynhamlearning.com for an application pack.
Closing date: 8am Thursday 18th July 2019 (interested applicants are encouraged to apply early and/or contact the Head’s PA email@example.com for an informal chat prior to interview)
Twynham Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.