Unleash your potential
We’re looking for a passionate and proactive Theatre and Technical Manager. You will be responsible for ensuring internal and external events including Performing Arts theatre and opera productions are run effectively and to the highest standards.
This will include responsibility for the maintenance and upkeep and all technical aspects of the theatre including the equipment. This will also involve leading the front of house teams when required. The Theatre and Technical Manager is also jointly responsible for ensuring that the theatre is compliant with current licensing and health and safety legislation.
Be part of our Community
City Lit is London's largest provider of learning for adults, inspiring over 30,000 students a year and offering more then 5,000 courses. As a leader in our field, we have a reputation for delivering a high quality student experience. However our reach and impact within London is far reaching and through the support of our Community Outreach department extends beyond our campus’s to bring City Lit’s teaching into the community. Working in partnership with community organisations across London we deliver bespoke projects that support individuals and communities to enrich and improve lives.
What we are looking for:
- Substantial experience of managing a theatre venue and a proven track record of delivering events such as productions, concerts, events and venue hires.
- Experience of managing technical production equipment including any mechanical installations, stage engineering, lighting and sound equipment, special effects and any other Theatrical scenery and properties.
- Experience of programming and operating lighting desks – ETC ION and rig (Lanterns, Speakers, Rostra if required), projector screens, microphones – Radio and analogue and Sound desk – Digico SD11.
- A relevant professional qualification e.g. a technical Theatre degree/ diploma
- City&Guilds1810 Entertainment and Theatre Electrician qualification or equivalent
- Previous experience of working within a professional theatre, in terms of stage and production management including up to date knowledge and experience of at least two of the following:
- Stage Management
- Lighting and set design
- Set and prop construction
- Production budget management
- To be able to successfully operate a lighting board and sound equipment for performances
- To be able to problem solve on set and construction design
Enjoy our vast array of benefits
As an employee at City Lit you will enjoy a generous holiday entitlement of 35 days plus bank holidays, automatic enrolment to a contributory workplace pension scheme, 85% discount on City Lit Courses and a season ticket loan facility. There is also a wide range of professional development opportunities to support your career path.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 23:59, Sunday 07 January 2018
Interview date: Week Commencing Monday 15 January 2018
City Lit promotes and values equality and diversity