The IfT is a specialist graduate school for teachers. Our courses have a single purpose - to ensure that teachers are able to keep getting better.
What is the role?
This is an opportunity to join a high-performing team committed to ensuring that all children get an excellent education. The Training Manager will:
- Lead high quality training sessions across a range of programmes pitched at teachers and teacher educators at different stages of development and designed to transform teaching.
- Develop coaching practice within portfolio of schools through effective face-to-face training, the modelling of expert coaching with teacher educators and effective feedback to teacher educators employing the model.
- Develop co-planning practice within portfolio of schools through effective face-to-face training, the modelling of expert co-planning with teacher educators and effective feedback to teacher educators employing the model.
- Ensure up-to-date and in depth understanding of approaches to training through independent study and routine engagement with design team materials and publications.
- Systematically quality assure the impact of training on teacher progress through a variety of means e.g. observation of teaching in partnership schools, engagement with participant voice, collection of participant feedback and through focus groups with key stakeholders.
- Ensure that training is tailored to suit different participants and schools engaged with the programme and liaise with design team and other members of delivery team to ensure that training is pitched accurately to enable highest impact.
- Develop strong relationships with teachers at different levels.
- Be able to apply a variety of strategies to overcome barriers to progress and problem solving, both at participant and school level.
- Advocate for the programme and institution.
- Other duties as required to support an effective programme.
What will the team look like?
You will be working alongside the delivery team for the North of England, including Professional Tutors and Design Managers, reporting to Jacynth Bennett (Associate Dean – Delivery). To begin with, you will not have line management responsibilities.
What’s the context?
The IfT is a rapidly growing organisation. This means that:
- You’ll feel ownership over our vision and mission;
- The team will start small and grow quickly;
- There will be few established processes and norms;
- There will be frequent change;
- There will be a need for constant prioritisation as resources will be limited;
- There will be an expectation of flexibility - this is not a nine-to-five job and everyone will need to pitch in; and,
- You’ll have an understanding of all aspects of our work in the early stages and as we grow you’ll need to make the shift to increased specialisation.
What will be required of you?
- Some evening and weekend work as required to support and facilitate the programme.
- Flexibility to travel (the majority of the work for this role will be in Greater Manchester, Lancashire and West Yorkshire but there will be some travel to support collaboration with the wider IfT team).
- Significant initial commitment during this early phase.
What are the benefits?
- Pension: 11% pension employer contribution.
- Annual Leave: 25 days per year (in addition to bank holidays).
- Please note that the IfT is currently incubated by the multi-academy trust Ark, and your employment contract will therefore be with Ark Schools.
To apply for the role please email the following no later than Monday 11th December at 5pm, including the job title in the subject line and confirmation of where you saw the job role in the body of the email:
- A supporting letter (no more than 2 sides) outlining how your knowledge, skills and experience meet the requirements of the role;
- Your CV (maximum 2 sides); and Confirmation in the body of your email of whether you have the right to work in the UK, and whether you have Qualified Teacher Status;
- We would also be grateful if you could include a completed equal opportunities form, which you can download here.
Please click here for a full job pack and further details on how to apply.