Team Domenica is a social enterprise charity helping young adults with a learning disability find and retain work in their local communities.
Would you like to join Team Domenica and help us to continue to lead the way in supported employment? Do you want to work in a supportive organisation, playing to your strengths, gaining job satisfaction and doing something where you can make a real difference? We are currently recruiting for a Training Mentor to work with us in Brighton and Hove.
You will help Team Domenica’s candidates to discover their career potential, to develop their workplace knowledge and practical work skills in readiness for paid employment.
Responsibilities and duties:
• Attend weekly team meetings
• Provide daily pastoral support and career guidance to all candidates.
• Contribute to each candidate’s bespoke education and training programme.
• Liaise regularly with staff, parents, employers and external providers to maintain excellent communication.
• Provide individual weekly visual timetables to all candidates in your mentor group.
• Monitor and evaluate candidates’ progress.
• Keep candidates safe and adhere to the charity’s Safeguarding Policy.
• To ensure all candidates are treated with equal respect, compassion and given positive behaviour strategies when needed.
• Work as part of a team and have a flexible approach.
• Lead and run small group work sessions in the classroom.
• Set termly SMART work aspiration targets to promote independence, communication and confidence in the workplace.
• Provide functional literacy and numeracy skills tuition.
• Provide additional PSHE and life skills tuition when required.
• Creating visual training resources both at TD and for the workplace.
• Support the afternoon enrichment activities, developing candidates communication, social interaction and independence
• To use the ‘Systematic Instruction’ training method to train all candidates working in Café Domenica.
• To teach candidates barista skills, till training and customer service skills.
• Create individual resources for candidates and monitor their progress.
• To lead food preparation sessions with up to 3 candidates in our production room creating products to sell in Team Domenica café.
• Ensure candidates adhere to food hygiene standards.
• Food hygiene and Barista training will be given where necessary
• To support candidates in external work experience placements.
• To promote independence and self-advocacy in the workplace.
• Build and maintain positive relationships with employers.
• Provide independent travel and pedestrian training to candidates.
• Knowledge and experience of working with young people with ASC, SLD and MLD
• Working knowledge of MS Office
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving ability
• Respect to diversity
• Safeguarding awareness
• Prevent, safeguarding & first training will be provided on an annual basis.
Contract: Permanent part-time, Monday to Thursday 9am-5pm, including breaks. 25 days annual leave per annum prorated 20 days p.a. (plus eight English bank and public holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Year as it falls annually).