Full time/Part time Tutors in Sheffield and South Yorkshire
We are currently recruiting successful tutors to work with Looked after Children in Sheffield and Surrounding areas on a part time and full time basis to fulfil a one year contract. You will be responsible for the educational development of a cohort of LAC under your supervision.
You will be required to be patient, calm and empathetic, and hold the ability to engage young people and motivate them to achieve. This role will require you to work on a flexible basis with pupils to build positive, professional relationships and help children overcome barriers to learning. Each pupil’s timetable is tailor made to cater to their needs and interests; therefore you will be required to be adaptable.
The designated tutor will:
· Promote a relationship based on high expectations (in relation to IEP), encouraging the pupil to consistently partake in pre-planned lesson activities.
· Successfully implement teaching and learning strategies based around the pupil’s IEP.
· Make reasonable adjustments to session delivery where necessary.
· Have a motivating impact on the pupils under their supervision.
· Understand the role in relation to the wider statutory responsibilities of the LEA.
· Producing weekly timetables;
· Reporting weekly a summary of student’s engagement and attainment;
· Recording and send accurate attendance figures;
· Liaising with school contacts and report any issues/concerns;
· Attending initial consultation/planning meetings;
· Attending pupil meetings and PEP/ LAC reviews.
It is essential that successful tutors;
· Have proven experience of instructing or teaching young people
· Hold a full UK driving licence and has business insurance on their vehicle is preferred
· Has a comprehensive understanding of working with young people attributed IEP’s for a Special Educational Needs, with references as evidence
· Have experience of implementing a variety of de-escalation strategies in challenging situations involving young people.
Should you wish to discuss the role further please contact the team on 0114 2435555,
The salary for this position will be dependent upon experience and qualifications.
Part-time and full-time roles available.