Victoria Shanghai Academy (VSA) is a private independent, non-denominational, co-educational day school established in 2004 under the auspices of the Victoria Shanghai Education Foundation Limited, a registered charitable body.
VSA is an IB World School and the first in Hong Kong authorised to deliver three of the International Baccalaureate Programmes, providing a “through-train” IB education for students aged 6 to 18. The Primary School was authorised as an IB Primary Years Programme school in December 2005. In the Secondary School, the Middle Years Programme (“MYP”) and Diploma Programme (“DP”) were authorised in December 2006 and June 2007 respectively.
VSA emphasizes a holistic approach to education, at the heart of which is inquiry-based learning and teaching. The Primary School offers a bilingual education (English and Putonghua); the Secondary School curriculum is delivered in English and supplemented by a strong Chinese programme.
VSA has approximately 1,868 students and a total faculty size of 187. In Secondary, there are 89 faculty members, more than half of whom are expatriate staff.
VSA is accredited by CIS and NEASC. More information about Victoria Shanghai Academy can be found here: www.vsa.edu.hk
VSA is now recruiting an innovative and dynamic University Counsellor for the school year beginning August 2019. All of our students go on to Higher Education. Typically 60-70 percent matriculates to universities abroad. The ideal candidate will have
• An appropriate post-secondary degree
• Previous school experience in university guidance counseling and/or university admissions
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to write clearly and persuasively
• Expertise with the university admissions process; previous success with admission to top US Universities is preferred
• Proven familiarity with college and university networks
• Professional relationship with organizations like NACAC or International ACAC
• Working knowledge of university admissions online platforms
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• A growth-mindset looking to continually improve
• Familiarity with IB DP
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to a new cultural environment
Applicants please download and complete the application form and email along with a statement of educational philosophy and full resume to the Secondary School Principal (email@example.com) by 14 January 2019.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
(Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only)