Working with the Lead Learner of Maths to facilitate outstanding teaching and learning across the department which meets the needs of all students and leads to excellent student outcomes
• Undertaking duties required by the Teaching Standards and STPC.
• Encourage pupils to develop and use their creativity, initiative, independence and responsibilities.
• Maintaining discipline in accordance with the school’s procedures and encouraging good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour and standards of work.
• Enforcing the school’s Behaviour Policy through excellent classroom management.
• Building and developing relationships between the school and parents (including parent’s evenings along with telephone calls/emails to parents, when appropriate ie long term cover).
• Run interventions with the class teacher, take responsibility to formulate and deliver/support planned curriculum activities.
• Assist in the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, schemes of work, marking policies and teaching strategies.
• To plan and prepare learning activities.
• Providing additional support for groups of children as agreed.
• To deliver the school curriculum or to support a class with team teaching &/or marking, in the absence of a qualified teacher. For the purpose of providing continuity for students over a defined period, subject to review with LM. (Discuss with ACH)
• Developing functional skills sessions where needed.
• Support CTG’s across the department, focusing on amber to green. Marking, grading and giving written/verbal and diagnostic feedback as required.
• Planning and preparing courses and lessons, with oversight from teaching staff.
• Using a variety of delivery methods, appropriate to pupils’ needs and the demands of the syllabus, in order to create a stimulating learning environment.
• Planning school trips relevant to the curriculum if applicable
• Contributing to the Maths curriculum, including enrichment activities.
• Keeping up-to-date and contributing to the department’s and school’s developments.
• Encouraging and supporting personal development amongst pupils and assisting in the tracking of student attendance and attainment.
• Maintaining appropriate records and providing relevant and up-to-date information to the SENCO and Maths Lead Learner.
• Playing a full part in the school’s community, supporting its vision and ethos, and being a good role model for all pupils.
• Support pupils to close the gap on areas of weakness and striving to turn all amber results to green with targeted interventions.
• Provide an individual numeracy plans including additional tuition if needed for children who need extra support to attain ME and track impact.
• Arrange and deliver extra classes for pupils to attain progress.
• Offer triage slots where possible to support the attainment of progress.
• Complying with the school’s Equality Policy, Safeguarding Policy and Health and Safety Policy.
• Liaising with parents and external parties and write student reports.
• Assisting in the tracking of student attendance and attainment (within the role of a Tutor).
• Champion students who have made progress as a result of the intervention.
• Take responsibility for delivering learning activities with groups who would benefit from a different learning approach as agreed with the class teacher.
• Establish and maintain supportive relationships with individual pupils, whole class groups and parents/carers.
• Liaise with specialist services on behalf of individual pupils, e.g. educational psychologists, speech therapists, by agreement with the class teacher.
• Provide targeted support to enhance learning and improve attainment.
• Attending in-service training (INSET) and undertaking continuing professional development (CPD).
• Supporting other staff members and engaging in strong team.
• Liaising internally with the senior management team and teaching/support staff
• Effectively directing the work of teaching assistants.
This job description will be reviewed and updated periodically in order to ensure that it relates to the job performed or to incorporate any proposed changes. This procedure will be conducted by the Head teacher or line manager in consultation with the post holder. In these circumstances it will be the aim to reach agreement on reasonable changes but if agreement is not possible management reserves the right to make changes to the job description following consultation.
The Unqualified Teacher of Mathematics will have:
• The ability to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
• Appreciation of the significance of safeguarding and ability to interpret this accurately for all individual children and young people whatever their life circumstances.
• A good understanding of the safeguarding agenda and an ability to contribute towards a safe environment.