Following the promotion of the current post holder, we are currently looking to appoint a highly motivated and well organised Year 5/6 Team Leader to join our happy staff team. The successful candidate will hold an important strategic role in the leadership team of our school. They will be an exceptional teacher who will be able to lead by example in their own classroom practice and be able to support, develop and train others. At St Michael with St John we pride ourselves in developing leaders of the future. Just in the last 12 months, 2 of our Team Leaders have progressed to Assistant Headteacher roles. Therefore, this is an exciting opportunity for someone looking for the next step in their teaching career.
St Michael with St John CE Primary School is a very successful, 2 form entry primary school committed to delivering a broad and creative curriculum and providing our pupils with access to a wide range of extra-curricular activities, excellent resources and facilities.
Our delightful and exceptionally well behaved children ‘demonstrate extremely positive attitudes to learning’ (Ofsted Feb 2017). They are supported by our dedicated and highly skilled staff team who are committed to giving them the very best start to their education.
We would love you to take a look on our website www.smsjbwd.co.uk that provides lots of information about our school. We would also be delighted to show you around to see our school in action. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged from any interested candidates.
QTS is essential with a minimum of 3 years teaching experience.
Our new Year 5/6 Team Leader will:
• Demonstrate excellent classroom practice with high expectations of children and staff.
• Have an excellent understanding of the KS2 curriculum.
• Have experience of administering statutory KS2 assessments.
• Have experience of raising standards across all areas of learning within KS2.
• Have the ability to lead and motivate our Year 5/6 staff team.
• Have the ability to monitor the effectiveness of provision throughout the Year 5/6 phase.
• Be able to effectively motivate, develop and coach staff.
• Have enthusiasm, drive and the willingness to go that extra mile for the children and families of SMSJ.
• Be committed to SMSJ’s Christian ethos.
• Have excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills.
• Be able to lead a subject throughout the school (to be determined based on the successful candidate’s experience and skills).
• Be a solution focused and positive teacher who is ready to take the next step in their career within a supportive setting.
In return we can offer:
• A warm and welcoming school environment.
• Friendly, enthusiastic and well behaved children who are a pleasure to teach and whose behaviour is continually celebrated by both us and visitors to our school.
• Excellent support for your continued professional development, e.g. NPQML / other.
• An opportunity to work with highly skilled, dedicated teachers and leaders.
• The opportunity to be part of an enthusiastic, professional learning team.
• Excellent leadership support and mentoring.
• Opportunities to partner with other schools.
This is a great opportunity to join our successful school and have the chance to make a real and lasting impact. For further information and to arrange a visit to our school, please contact our School Business Manager Deanne Arden on 01254 665190 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application packs are available to download from the school’s website in the About Us – Vacancies section at www.smsjbwd.co.uk and should be returned to our School Business Manager, Deanne Arden by emailing email@example.com
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, ethnicity or disability. St Michael with St John CE Primary School is committed to promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and appointment will be subject to receipt of suitable references, qualifications and identity checks.
Closing Date: noon on Friday 26th April
Shortlisting: Monday 29th April
Observations in own setting: between 1st May – 10th May
Interviews/tasks: Monday 20th May