We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled teacher to teach within the upper part of KS2 and to be the Teaching & Learning Mentor and/or Maths Subject Leader and also a member of the SLT.
The successful candidate would:
• make learning enjoyable and stimulating
• provide an exciting and supportive learning environment within the
• inspire children, parents and colleagues
• motivate children to reach their full potential
• be positive and forward looking
• be a flexible team player with good communication and
• be willing to play an active part in the life of the school
• Have knowledge and experience in leading Maths in a primary
school or of teaching and learning mentoring, coaching other staff
and team teaching
• Have the ability to lead and motivate
• Motivating and training staff to fulfil their potential in the classroom
including leading high quality CPD
In return we can offer:
A school where Ofsted said that:
• Staff and governors are passionate, committed and highly motivated. They have worked hard to ensure that pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is well catered for.
• Pupils are well behaved in and around school. They are polite and respectful towards each other and adults.
• The school serves at the heart of the community and is held in high regard by pupils, staff and parents.
Ofsted also praised the work the school is doing to protect pupils and keep them safe and that a lot of work is done to support children’s personal development and wellbeing:
• Leaders give safeguarding a high priority, which is effective. Pupils feel safe and well cared for.
• Pupils report that they feel safe and trust staff to resolve any issues or concerns they have. Pupils say that bullying is rare and that teachers deal with incidents swiftly.
Ofsted also praised the work the school is doing to improve reading:
• Leaders have prioritised pupils’ reading development. Teachers focus on developing pupils’ vocabulary.
• Phonics is taught effectively.
Both NQTs and experienced teachers are welcome to apply.
Full Time, Permanent
Closing date (and time): 12 noon Fri 21st May 2021
Interview date: TBC
Commencement date: 1st September 2021
Please enclose a covering letter with any application whixch must be on our application form attached.
Woodlands Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years