The King Alfred School is seeking an outstanding Upper School Administration Assistant to join us from September 2018. This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled administrator to work in a professional, friendly and supportive environment. This is a full time role (40 hours per week), during the term time, plus one week (5 days) to be worked flexibly during school holidays across the year.
Supporting the Upper School Administration Co-ordinator, the key responsibilities of this role include the following:
- supporting the organisation of Choice and PAL.
- co-ordinating assessment tests for student visitor days for occasional places in liaison with the Admissions Department and the Pastoral team.
- support in the organisation of key school events such as induction days and Year 7 and 12 assessment day
- Taking and distributing minutes as and when required e.g. Staff Briefing notes.
- Supporting with the supervision of internal suspensions, and the collection of work including collating incident reports, collecting students for meetings when required and assisting with pastoral matters as and when required.
- Oversee/produce the list of extracurricular activities on a termly basis and to work with staff to ensure the list is varied.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills:
- excellent communication skills.
- ability to work effectively in a team.
- excellent organisational skills.
- excellent IT skills, including Microsoft 365 and Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint).
- enthusiasm, determination and positivity.
- previous experience working with students and/parents is advantageous.
Please see the attached job description for a detailed description of the duties involved this role, as well as a person specification of our ideal candidate.
If you share our vision and are a reflective, hard-working, and forward-thinking professional, we would very much like to hear from you.
To apply for this exciting opportunity please send your CV, covering letter and completed application form to Natalie Williamson, HR Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 9.00am, Monday 25 June 2018
Interviews to be held: week commencing Monday 2 July 2018
All members of the King Alfred School community are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.