Al Rabeeh School is seeking an enthusiastic, adaptable and committed Vice Principal from August 2020. This position will also involve a whole school leadership responsibility based on the requirements of the UAE school inspection framework.
The Al Rabeeh name has been synonymous throughout the city for high quality education and pastoral care since 1979. It is a well-established primary school with an excellent reputation within the community of Abu Dhabi. Al Rabeeh School is one of the oldest international schools in Abu Dhabi, growing considerably over the years.
The school is the founding school of an expanding group of schools and academies, which are aiming to be the best providers of education in the Emirate. We recruit the very best teachers who can deliver our curriculum in a creative, collaborative, and highly engaging manner. Al Rabeeh is a member of British Schools in the Middle East (BSME) and is committed to professional development and the CPD programmes BSME offers.
As a key member of the Senior Leadership Team you should already have leadership experience within a vibrant and diverse school and be ready to take on the next challenging stage of your career. The successful candidate will have the energy, charisma, personality and educational philosophy to drive standards across the phase and develop close and genuine relationships with staff, students and parents.
The Vice Principal is expected to promote the following core values:
- Team Work- Emphasising the values of cooperation with others to achieve the schools vision
- Integrity and Honesty- Commitment to the right behaviours under any circumstances
- Transparency- Dealing with others in a clear, sincere and honest manner
- Respect- Respect for students, colleagues, guardians and the community
- Accountability- Individuals need to bear the responsibility of his/her words and deeds
- Care and Compassion- Caring for others and feeling responsibility toward them
- Moral Obligation- Ethical values and principals which are in accordance with the religion of Islam and their values, ethics, identity and culture prevalent in UAE society and which respects other religions
- Innovation- Strive for continuous improvement, adopting new technologies, experimenting and seeking new ways to work.
- Lead school evaluation & development with focus on curriculum, assessment, teaching and learning
- Manage, monitor & review the targets in the SDP relating to the academic role
- Review, update and complete sections of the SEF relating to the academic role
- Support leadership of human resource management with a focus on academic responsibilities
- Develop and monitor policies relating to academic role
- Deputise in the absence of the Principal as advised
- Manage provision & monitoring Special Educational Needs
- Manage provision & monitoring of G&T students
- Manage and maintain pupil files in relation to their academic achievements, progress and reports to parents
- Initiate and oversee work with outside agencies to ensure all children (including SEN) make progress
- Meet and greet students and families whilst monitoring safety and wellbeing at the start and end of the day.
- Support Pastoral VP with behaviour management issues
- Organise and collate timetables
- Monitor and evaluate planning & methods & give guidance
- Oversee annual curriculum updates
- Monitor and review homework & homework timetables
- Distribute & share curriculum publications and updates
- Lead creativity, active learning, innovation & development of 21st Century skills
- Provide Curriculum, Assessment, Teaching & Learning SDP
- Oversee Primary/Secondary liaison
- Manage local & overseas orders for teaching and learning and curriculum resource audits, orders and maintenance of stock with support of PLs
- Manage and monitor assessment schedules, revision materials and termly internal assessments
- Employ/trial current initiatives which are concurrent with UK practice.
Assessment, Recording and Reporting
- Monitor external Assessments
- Manage and monitor internal Assessments
- Manage and monitor entrance tests
- Develop and collate assessment Calendar
- Design and review report schedules
- Lead analysis of examination results
- Manage and monitor reports and reporting to parents
- Lead and monitor the review of assessment data
- Manage and address specific groups/sub groups or individuals through intervention and liaison with Phase and Grade Leaders
- Line manage subject leaders and identify and support their CPD needs
- Line manage SEN team
- Line Manage IT technician
- Support AVP CPD /succession planning
- Supporting Phase and Grade Leaders and class teachers in complaints relating to academic performance
- Lead and deliver staff training to support SDP
- Lead and plan a programme for termly observations of staff linked to Performance Management targets and SDP
- Lead and monitor peer assessment procedures
- Lead academic training needs to meet staff CPD and school needs
- Monitor expenditure for academic resources
- Manage the resources under ‘book fees’ for parents
- Manage parental engagement relating to academic role
- Manage and monitor ADEC circulars and communications relating to academic role
- Act as Primary & Secondary liaison with Pastoral VP
- Lead the development and publication of curriculum and revision information for parents and ensure there is consistent practice in all grades and information for parents correlates to the learning and assessments in school.
Environment / Resource Management
- Monitor resources to ensure effective learning environment
- Advise learning environments to enrich learning
- Organise calendar to manage assessment dates
Health & Safety
- Oversee fire drills and support fire officer where necessary
- Carry out other responsibilities as the Principal may reasonably require during term-time
Al Rabeeh School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undergo child protection screening.
To apply please click the 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date CV, covering letter and photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications; 5th April 2020, but interviews may take place ahead of this date so an early application is advantageous. Please provide the details of 3 referees with your application.
While we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.