This post would be suitable to an aspirant future Principal / Headteacher, typically within 3-5 years. As Vice Principal (Academic), the appointee will report to the Principal and work closely alongside the Senior Vice Principal, and will be strategically responsible for development, running and quality assurance of all academic systems and practices.
Leading the Academic team, the new appointee will be a strategic thinker and planner with clear and principled vision in leading others through effective, long-term, change-management, with humility and determination. As a practising and committed Christian educator, he/she will hold and outwork a deeply personal commitment to the excellent and broad secondary provision that serves our diverse community.
There is a genuine occupational requirement that the post holder must be a practising and committed Christian.
We encourage interested candidates to arrange a preliminary visit or telephone discussion with the Principal.
For an application pack, preliminary visit / phone discussion, and further information please click here, call Mrs Angela Thorpe on 01642 577 577 or email: email@example.com
Closing date: 9am on Monday 18 March 2019
Interviews: w/c 18 March 2019
The King’s Academy, Middlesbrough (by North York Moors National Park, and commutable from York, Newcastle, Durham, Ripon, Richmond, Thirsk)
- Distinct Christian ethos, with highly diverse intake
- Strong track record of students’ achievement at all stages
- Excellent student behaviour throughout the Academy
- Focus on ‘character first’ education
- Large and expanding Sixth Form
- Unique inclusion policy: specialist provision for visual and hearing impairment and higher learning needs.
- Superb opportunities for CPD and rapid career progression
The King’s Academy takes its responsibility for safeguarding children very seriously and successful applications will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS, along with standard pre-employment safeguarding checks.