The Regent Secondary School, Abuja, is a leading day and boarding school in the Federal Capital of Nigeria. Educating 360 students aged between 11 and 16, the school is part of the Regent family of schools comprising a large primary school and a Sixth Form college each on its own campus.
The Regent Secondary School occupies a large and pleasant site near the centre of the city. Buildings are modern and very well equipped with facilities for a wide range of co-curricular activities. The school follows the National Curriculum of England and Wales in Key Stage 3 leading to Cambridge IGCSE (CIE) in Key Stage 4. Our students are pleasant and well-motivated and academic standards are high, not least in terms of IGCSE results.
For September 2018, we seek to appoint a Vice Principal, Academic. The successful candidate will offer relevant middle/ senior leadership experience. Any academic subject experience can be considered. An attractive salary package and spacious accommodation are offered. The scope of this key role encompasses responsibility with the Principal for the following areas:
- Determining the scope and shape of the curriculum and producing the school timetable.
- Ensuring a high quality of learning and teaching at all levels of the school through the effective management of Heads of Faculty and the performance management process.
- Developing use of baseline assessment data to inform pupil tracking and ‘value added’.
- Overseeing all aspects of the use of the school’s information management system.
- Overseeing the administration of internal and external assessment throughout the school to include registration of candidates for Checkpoint and IGCSE examinations.
- Playing a key role in the further development of the school as a member of the Senior Management Team.
Interested candidates are asked to submit an updated CV and application letter outlining the ways in which they believe that their experience to date has prepared them for this role. The CV must include the names and full contact details of three referees, one of whom must be the candidate’s current headteacher. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 23rd February 2018.