We are looking for an exceptional qualified teacher with a flair for leadership to work alongside our Executive Principal and join our strong and supportive team at Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane.
You will have a wealth of opportunities to develop as a leader with the Harris Federation. We can offer you a range of bespoke courses and qualifications through our Teaching School, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQH for aspiring principals.
Succession planning is a key part of our success as a Federation, and we believe that we are at the forefront of developing the next generation of Leaders. We can help prepare you for your next Senior Leadership challenge, investing in your knowledge and expertise through regular support, coaching and a wide range of professional development and training.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. In choosing a Vice Principal, we will be looking for someone who:
- Holds QTS (or equivalent) and an undergraduate degree;
- Is an excellent practitioner;
- Is able to model and disseminate high quality teaching and learning;
- Has high expectations of staff and pupils as well as themselves;
- Is committed to achieving the best outcomes for all pupils;
- Is innovative, highly motivated and eager to take a lead;
- Is committed to on-going professional development;
- Is willing to contribute to the wider life at the academy;
- Has strong interpersonal skills and is able to work well as part of our Leadership team.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- A network of fellow senior leaders and Principals with a wealth of knowledge and expertise
- Support and mentoring from some of the best executive leaders in education
- Unrivalled opportunities for leadership progression and preparing you for your first Principalship
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Plus, the opportunity to work with our amazing students!
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
About Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane
Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane is a successful two form entry primary with part-time nursery located in North London. Our aim is to provide an education that is affirming, aspirational and transformational so that all our children leave us academically and emotionally equipped for their next stage. Our staff strive to provide the best possible education and opportunities for our children to face the challenges of the 21st century. We are welcoming and supportive. If you visit our website you can view our priorities, approaches, vision and values in more detail.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane?
- A happy, learning environment where everyone is valued
- A highly motivated staff team
- Children who are fun to be with and are motivated by enjoyable learning experiences
- Support for your own professional development
Come and see us in action: visits to Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please call 020 8808 3231 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
The Harris Federation
Our academy is part of the Harris Federation, the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. Harris has an unrivalled track record in raising standards and achieving success for the children in our academies.
Professional development and sharing best practice are a key part of the Harris Federation success, and we can draw on this to offer you top quality training at every stage of your career path, from Beginner Teacher to Middle Leader. We will invest in you with coaching, mentoring, and can offer a wide range of training programmes, delivered by our Teaching School Alliance.
We look for talented teachers who are passionate about their subject and making a difference. You can help us transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.