Kings Heath Primary Academy are currently recruiting for a maternity leave cover Vice Principal (up to one year).
Providing our young people access to a world-class education and enrichment experiences is what drives us. Our students benefit from a wealth of opportunities to develop, learn and lead. From the classroom, to cultural visits, sports, music and arts and engaging with our local communities, the rich and varied experiences we create help fuel ambition and unlock potential. The education and experiences equips our young people with the leadership skills, team spirit, resilience and confidence to become outstanding citizens.
We work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the Trust’s vision, to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
About our Academy
At Kings Heath Primary Academy we ensure every child’s true potential is unlocked and achieved through a unique and personalised educational experience. This includes an exciting curriculum, which centres on innovative experiences throughout the year to scaffold learning upon.
We continuously work alongside expert curriculum consultants in all areas to provide the highest quality of curriculum knowledge and teaching strategies for all staff members. We quite simply accept that we all (staff and pupils) have something new to learn every day and that an enquiring mindset is critical to our personal growth and development.
The Arts are integral to the creative ethos here at Kings Heath Primary Academy. We are driven by the impact that the expressive arts make to pupils' learning both academically and holistically; boosting both confidence and academic outcomes.
Kings Heath Primary Academy is vibrant, unique and a liberating experience for all, we welcome everyone, we challenge viewpoints, we listen and as a result we all grow – together. If you would like to join us on our journey/meet us all then please do not hesitate to get in touch
About the role
- report and deputise effectively for the Principal when required to do so;
- assist the Principal and governors in determining and managing a whole curriculum, in accordance with the abilities and needs of the pupils;
- support and contribute to the school’s system for the review and evaluation of teaching and learning;
- be an excellent classroom practitioner who can teach across the ability range and key stages;
- monitor the raising of pupils’ standards of achievement and attainment;
- work in partnership with the Principal and the Governing Body to ensure that sound management of finance, personnel and resources enables the school to offer best value for money;
- contribute effectively as a member of the Senior Management Team; play a major role in the professional development of all staff and in the management of INSET;
- lead and support staff in the management and development of their curricular responsibilities to promote high quality teaching and learning;
- foster the development of a positive and supportive ethos for academic and social learning;
- oversee the pastoral care, personal development and general behaviour of the school; and to help promote equality and diversity within the school;
- display a high standard of professional behaviour and integrity at all times;
- act as a team leader in the performance management system;
- promote and develop a partnership with parents which recognises the worth of their contribution to their child’s education;
- assist the Principal in the day-to-day running of the school; be involved in the organisation, planning and delivery of assemblies as and when necessary.
To complete our application form, please click on the link to our website. Please note we cannot accept CVs without a completed application form.
Early applications advised as we reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
Kings Heath Primary Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.