Raising Standards –Teaching, Learning and Curriculum
Leadership Scale 21 – 25
Waingels is an 11 to 18 Co-Educational Academy in Wokingham. We are a popular, high performing Comprehensive school, serving our local community and were judged as “Good” (with an outstanding 6th form) by Ofsted in 2013.
The Governors wish to appoint a committed, enthusiastic and experienced senior leader to join the recently appointed Principal and the rest of the Senior Leadership Team in driving forward school improvement. In this key role you must be able to engage with, inspire and motivate others. You will need to lead by example by being a consistently outstanding practitioner in the classroom and be able to influence and develop the teaching practice of others.
The position will require a candidate to have the following:
· Experience of leadership in a teaching and learning or curriculum role.
· A proven record of raising and maintaining standards.
· Vision, drive and flare, with a progressive and creative approach in order to develop further success.
· The ability to consult on, devise, communicate, implement, monitor and evaluate policies and systems with a relentless focus on pupils.
· Relevant qualifications and a record of professional development (both formal and through appropriate experience) to meet the challenge of the job specifications
· A genuine commitment to making a positive contribution to the school and creating an ethos in which students feel secure and valued.
· A highly successful 11-18 comprehensive with over 1300 well-motivated students, judged as “good” with many outstanding features by Ofsted (April 2013)
· 2017 GCSE results
- 74% 9 to 4 in English and Maths, 43% achieving the EBAC
- 84% A* to C at A Level and ALPs grade 2
· Over 200 students in the sixth form, judged as “outstanding” by Ofsted (April 2013)
· A state of the art learning environment following a complete rebuild in 2011
· Innovative use of ICT with a strong impact across the curriculum.
Download an application pack from our website www.waingels.wokingham.sch.uk or for an informal discussion, please telephone the college on 0118 969 0336 or email the Principal’s Personal Assistant, Karen Tagg, on Tagktg@waingels.wokingham.sch.uk
Closing Date is 09.00 am on Monday 25 September 2017. Interview dates will be sent to short-listed applicants
The college is committed to safeguarding, equal opportunities and to promoting the welfare of all staff and students