The RSA Academy in Tipton (West Midlands) is an oversubscribed and highly regarded and desirable 11-18 community school with 1047 students. This will rise to 1200 plus sixth form over the next 4 years and to accommodate this we now have a superb purpose built £5m KS3 block to complement our already fantastic facilities for both staff and students. The school has been at the heart of the community since becoming an Academy in 2008 and joined the Central RSA Academies Trust on 1st October 2017. The Trust is a small group of good and outstanding schools across the Midlands, providing education through all stages, Primary to Post 16.
As a result of this expansion, we are now looking for a highly motivated and effective senior leader with a proven track record in raising standards. We are keen to recruit an exceptional colleague with successful experience of leading teaching and learning across the whole school. Significant changes have been made in the last year to remove barriers to improvement, and the successful candidate will be joining a re-structured senior leadership team at a critical and exciting time to drive things forward and ensure the best outcomes for all our students.
The Central RSA Academies Trust heavily invests in professional development for all its teachers and currently all staff are level 1 TEEP trained. The successful candidate must be willing to support the professional development of teaching and learning to date and appropriate CPDL will be available for the appointed candidate. There is also an opportunity for a successful candidate to take on responsibility for the Teaching School Alliance across the Family of Academies.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience –
· Substantial experience at leadership level including leading Teaching and Learning
· NPQSL or equivalent evidence of CPDL (desirable)
· High aspirations for achievement and personal development of students
· Excellent subject knowledge
· Experience of driving up the quality of teaching and learning
· Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong ability to self-reflect
· Experience of designing and developing resources to support learning
· Highly effective communication skills, oral and written, plus confidence to present to various audiences including governors, staff and students
· Capacity to form positive learning-centred relationships with our professionals at different stages in their careers
In return we can offer
· A challenging and supportive learning environment
· Opportunities to become an RSA Fellow, work across the RSA Teaching Schools Alliance and Family of Schools
· State of the art facilities
· CPD to support you to the next level of your career
· Work –life balance initiatives at discounted rates for staff
· ‘Paycare’ an employee paid healthcare scheme
· Childcare voucher scheme
· Employee Assistance Programme
· The opportunity to make a real difference to young people’s lives.
For further information about this post, please email Jo Dallah, HR Assistant Dallah.email@example.com , for an application pack.
To apply, please submit a letter of application (no more than 2 sides) along with the completion of our application form.
Informal visits to the Academy are welcomed, please email Jo Dallah, or telephone 0121 5561351 to make arrangements.
Closing date: 9am on Monday 23rd April 2018
The Central RSA Academies Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, 2 work references and other employment checks.
RSA Academy, Bilston Road, Tipton, West Midlands, DY4 0BZ