When you join GEMS Education you join an international education company with a global network of International schools and over fifty years of education experience. GEMS Education is the leading Kindergarten to Grade 12 operator in the world educating over 110,000 children from 151 different nationalities. GEMS Education staff access the company’s professional development programme, one of the largest education training programmes in the world. This ensures the best possible academic outcomes as while ensuring that GEMS attracts and retains the highest staff calibre.
To find out more about GEMS Education visit: www.gemseducation.com
GEMS Cambridge International Schools have a proven track record of success in both academic and extra-curricular activities. Cambridge International Schools consistently produce results that are significantly above the UK national averages, year after year. Over the past 3 years alone, GEMS Cambridge students have been accepted to 97 universities in 26 countries. GEMS Cambridge Sharjah continues the legacy of the Cambridge brand in Muwaileh area, Sharjah.
Just 25 minutes from Downtown Dubai, this exciting new school, opened in September 2019 with 800 students up to Year 6. The school has a capacity of 2500 students and will accommodate students up to Year 13. GEMS Cambridge Sharjah is a values-driven school which delivers the National Curriculum of England, with distinct opportunities to develop students’ full potential academically, socially and personally in a warm, happy and safe environment with design thinking at the core of curriculum.
About the role
As part of the strategic growth of the school, we are looking to appoint an outstanding and experienced Vice Principal to join our dynamic Senior Leadership Team in January 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter. The Vice Principal will assist the Principal and the Senior Leadership Team in all aspects of school leadership and improvement.
To be considered for this role, candidates should
- Be an effective and dynamic leader with a proven track record in school improvement; moreover, possessing real gravitas and presence within a school community.
- Be a results orientated strategic thinker with the ability to forward plan.
- Be rigorous in promoting excellence and developing commitment to high standards of care and opportunities for all.
- Be able to demonstrate successful experience of leading and managing staff, promoting and developing approaches to learning.
- Be able to demonstrate genuine passion towards the wider co-curricular life of a school.
- Be able to lead on student achievement , including attainment, progress , tracking and monitoring , assessment and reporting
- Have extensive experience working in a UK curriculum school
- Preferably have specific experience in Secondary schools with up -to- date knowledge of the KS4 and KS5 curriculum and assessment criteria
The successful candidate will have outstanding communication skills both verbal & written and exceptional organisational skills. Refined interpersonal skills and experience of leading a large and high performing team are also vital.
To apply for these positions please visit our Careers site and apply online https://careers.gemseducation.com/gems/VacancyDetail.aspx?VacancyID=140305&ChannelID=2964 (Ref: 3780)
Please ensure you have uploaded an up-to-date CV, formal letter of application and recent photograph.
Closing date for application is Monday 23rd September 2019 although applications received before this date will be followed up immediately. Initial assessment and Interviews will take place on Saturday 21st or Sunday 22nd September 2019 in the UK.