Job Number: B&H02979
Brighton & Hove City Council is recruiting a Lead for the Virtual School within our Families, Children and Learning subdivision (Education and Skills) to guide the Virtual School team to support, challenge and inspire schools, carers, social workers and young people to pursue high aspirations for the achievement of Children in Care.
We are looking for someone with enthusiasm, experience and passion to manage Brighton & Hove’s highly successful Virtual School which, as well as supporting the education of over 250 children in care, also provides support for children previously in care and works with school leaders to ensure our city has outstanding safeguarding practice.
This role requires an individual with a high level of creativity, excellent written and oral communication skills, strong leadership and management skills with a strong commitment to improving educational outcomes for young people.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Evidence of effective working and credibility with senior school staff and staff across children’s services
- Experience of successful partnership working at a senior level with a range of stakeholders, -engaging and influencing as required to achieve outcomes
- Team building and conflict management skills
- Outstanding team leadership as you take responsibility for managing a small and experienced team
- Experience of effective service performance management including the delivery of performance management information
In return we can provide you a well- resourced team in a highly successful local authority.
Brighton and Hove has always looked to the future and is a truly unique place to live and work. We’re committed to collaboration and delivering the best outcomes for vulnerable children.
If you have any questions or wish to discuss this post, please contact Mark Storey, Head of Education Standards and Achievement, on 01273 293992 or email email@example.com
To apply, please visit our website.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove City Council does not accept CV or resume.
Closing date: 26 September 2017.
Interviews will be held on 5th October 2017.