Ta’allum Group, an umbrella organization of Al Jazeera Academy, Al Maha Academy for Boys and Al Maha Academy for Girls, is a Premier Educational Institution which follows National Curriculum of England and British Curriculum. Ta’allum Group is committed to provide high quality educational programs to raise a generation of continuous learners who are dedicated to the community and have high moral values and strong leadership skills. We are now looking for qualified professional educators to join our multinational team of professionals.
VLE COORDINATOR : The post-holder’s main role is to gain an understanding of the School’s learning and education strategy and to develop technology support for these activities. Acting as the School’s lead on the selection, application and development of technology in respect of learning and research activities.
In addition to gaining knowledge of School-wide development, the post-holder will advise the Management on School-specific requirements so that these are included in the strategic plans for e-learning.
· To work within the broad remit of the Ta’allum Group Learning and Teaching Strategy to inform decision-making about strategically positioning technology-enhanced learning in the School.
· To understand the School’s strategy in regard to teaching and learning, including requirements of programs and units, guide use of technology (i.e. facilitate sharing of good practice, run training for colleagues and students) across the School based on this knowledge.
· Across the School to promote, develop and evaluate the impact of technology enhanced learning on the student learning experience. Advise new program development teams on pedagogic value of new technologies.
· Liaise with the Head of e-learning in LTEO and other Faculties of the University to be proactive and collaborative in supporting the development of improved technology based learning.
· Liaise with Associate Deans and Head of Learning and Teaching to support use of VLE in the School.
· Contribute specialist e-learning skills and knowledge to technology-enhanced learning projects, to meet School objectives.
· Take a lead role in School/Institution wide e-learning projects including identifying and evaluating e-tools, new approaches to e-learning and emerging notions of embedding e-learning in the academic context.
· Attend and inform discussions at School’s E-learning meeting with SMT and Management.
· To develop the learning platform (VLE), in consultation with staff, that is easily accessible and supports teaching staff in their delivery, administrative staff in service administration and learners in their studies
· To act as the key administrator for the learning platform, and to advise and support other colleagues in the management of the platform and be the day to day link with the “host” system.
· To set up control systems, including log ins for staff, and develop processes whereby staff are able to log in learners, keep under review users deleting when appropriate and keeping up to date records of current and past users.
· To develop a user friendly content management system, for administrative procedures, teaching staff and for learner usage, undertake regular housekeeping to ensure the content is relevant and kept up to date.
· To induct, train, and give ongoing support to staff on the use of the platform and to keep an up-to-date record of all staff training and competence levels.
· Research new learning technologies and work with staff to implement them.
· Work alongside the Lead Practitioners to assist the enhancement of education using ICT.
· To attend staff meetings to motivate usage, seek comments from users for improvements and share practice in order that processes are user friendly and functional.
· To attend conferences and training events to keep up to date with developments in the e-learning and e-technology.
Mandatory Recruitment Requirements: As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to submit fully notarized and attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates as well as criminal background checks.**Appointments are made subject to appropriate vetting procedures, including references and police checks.
**Please Note that this position will be based at the Ta'allum Head Office