Applications are invited for a full time Vocational Education Training (VET) Coordinator at a Year 7-12 Catholic School located in Newcastle. The position commences 29 January 2019. The school is located about 12 kilometres from Newcastle Central Business District.
About the Role:
- Full-time, contract position commencing 29 January 2019
- This position attracts an allowance at the level of Coordinator 1
- Initial appointment will be for 2 years with a view to extend
- Coordinate and lead the effective delivery of Vocational Education Training (VET) within the school setting in accordance Registered Training Organisations (RTO) policies and procedures
Benefits of Registering with Smart Teachers:
- Completely free service
- Gain access to exclusively listed positions
- Full disclosure on the role before your application goes to a school
- Smart is powered by Tes, the world’s largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more!
About the School:
- Years 7-12 Catholic School
- Students are engaged in community outreach programs and fundraising for charitable organisations and causes.
- The school's focus on holistic education is expressed in the provision of a rich variety of extra curricula activities including creative and performing arts, sport, debating, public speaking.
- Hold a relevant training qualification of a VET Curriculum Framework and TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment or willingness to commence the relevant training qualification within 2 years of appointment
- Qualified as a four-year trained secondary teacher and hold a Bachelor of Education or equivalent
- Understanding of the requirements of VET delivery for Stage 6 in accordance with NESA
- Sound knowledge of competency-based training and assessment
- Understanding of school-based apprenticeships and traineeships implementation in a school setting
- Be supportive of the school’s Catholic ethos
- Provide a minimum of three professional references
- Be registered or have the ability to be registered with New South Wales Education Standards Authority (NESA) and hold a NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Have the right to work in Australia
Please reply to express interest. Due to time constraints, only short listed applicants will be contacted with more information.
Fast track your application:
- If you are in Australia, email your CV to Sandy, quoting job reference #WEB1806-528824SL – email@example.com
- If you are currently overseas, email your CV to Monet quoting job reference #WEB1806-528824MH – firstname.lastname@example.org
- To join our global education community, Click Apply now and you will also receive free access to the world’s largest education jobs database, curriculum resources, career support and much more!
If you’re not keen on this great job but know someone who is, just have them contact us and mention your name; this will ensure if they secure the job you will receive a $250.00 gift card as per our referral scheme (T&Cs apply).