37.5 hours per week – Permanent position
TTE is a successful local and international training company based in Middlesbrough, UK with several operational projects overseas. TTE is one of the UK’s leading providers of technical training and consultancy services to the industries it serves and has an exceptional reputation on the international scene.
The Operations department is looking to recruit a Vocational Instructor – Instrumentation to support the teaching and delivery of Instrumentation courses to both in-centre and external learners.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Training Coordinator (Vocational).
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Undertake safe, effective delivery of technical and competence-based qualifications to all learners in the centre, on clients’ premises in the UK and overseas.
- Deliver discipline specific provision within TTE Short Course Directory in the UK or overseas to commercial customers.
- Develop schemes of work/lesson plans aligned to qualification outcomes of the relevant awarding body.
- Be responsible for the “pre-course/module” preparation to ensure all materials and resources are available at the scheduled start time of delivery.
- Ability to travel overseas with appropriate notice.
- The ability to work flexible hours as required to meet the needs of the business and customers.
- Ability to perform consultancy services direct to client companies within a designated scope both in the UK and overseas.
- Ensure that all training equipment is fit for purpose and complies with relevant safety standards and carry out risk assessment, maintenance/asset overhaul activities in compliance with SWP’s.
- Develop and deliver bespoke training courses in area of expertise as required.
- Perform formative and summative assessment of learners during their programmes of learning.
- Plan and perform in centre vocational assessments and progress reviews.
- Maintain quality and standards of assessment/verification processes.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the Business Development and Sales teams in the UK and overseas.
- Monitor learner/candidates regarding progression and welfare.
- Comply with Company and Clients’ quality systems.
- Prepare reports to management/clients as required.
- Attend planned training/development events.
- Assist in workplace health and safety monitoring.
- Participate in internal / external audits and inspections.
- Build and manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders in order to optimise business growth.
- Maintain learner standards of behaviour and discipline at all times.
- Liaise with internal verifiers and centre co-ordinators to ensure that TTE maintain centre approval for relevant awarding bodies.
- Support the delivery of all Apprenticeship framework aspects including Functional Skills, ERR and Personal, Learning and Thinking skills.
- Identify your own continuous professional development (CPD) within the unit to meet business needs.
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities as determined by your line manager as appropriate to the general character of the post or level of the responsibility entailed.
For an informal discussion or request a copy of the Job Description please contact Diane Jamieson or Katie McWilliams on 0191 2676555 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. CV’s will be accepted in the first instance however completion of TTE’s application form will be required on progression of application
Closing date for applications will be: 10th December
Any offer of employment will be subject to pre-employment checks, including the receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure, production of satisfactory references and proof of relevant qualifications, proof of right to work in the UK as part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment. TTE is a progressive employer committed to achieving the very highest standard of Health & Safety, Quality and Service to our customers.
TTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER & COMMITTED TO SAFEGUARDING