St. Anselm’s Catholic Primary School
Church Avenue, Southall, Middlesex, UB2 4BH,
YEAR 5 CLASS TEACHER
Required from: September 2018
Salary: Inner London NQT/MPS/UPS dependent on experience
NQTs are welcome to apply
NOR: 210 plus Nursery
The Governing Body of St Anselm’s are looking to appoint an enthusiastic teacher who is prepared to support and promote the Catholic ethos of the school. We are a one-form entry vibrant Catholic Primary School on a journey from good to outstanding; OFSTED “good” – May 2016 and OFSTED S48 “outstanding” – June 2017. Our school leaders “guide new teachers well, so that they quickly gain the skills they need to enable pupils to learn well.” (OFSTED – May 2016.) Applications are welcome from new entrants to the profession and from established teachers keen to contribute to the further development of teaching and learning in the school.
Our whole school community is committed to providing our children with an exciting and stimulating environment where they can flourish and become confident and independent learners. We enjoy a family atmosphere where every child is well known and highly valued.
We are looking for a teacher who:
· is an excellent classroom practitioner with high expectations of pupil attainment, progress and behaviour.
· is creative, innovative and forward thinking.
· is motivated and committed to raising standards and inclusive practice.
· works effectively as part of a team and has excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· can effectively record and track pupil progress.
· is a flexible team player with a good sense of humour and an understanding of the “bigger picture.”
· forms positive relationships with pupils, staff and parents.
· is a practising Catholic or an individual willing to support the strong ethos of the school.
We can offer you:
· Inner London Pay with a maximum class size of 30 pupils.
· on-site car parking & excellent public transport links.
· a school with polite, enthusiastic children who are eager to learn.
· a friendly, welcoming school with strong and supportive staff, parents and governors.
· a firm commitment to your ongoing professional development and well-being.
· Quality CPD with the Diocese, LA and other Ealing Catholic schools.
How to apply:
Prospective candidates are encouraged to visit the school and meet the Headteacher, Mrs Ruth Sykes. Application packs can be downloaded from the school website under ‘Vacancies’ (www.stanselmscatholicprimaryschool.co.uk) or by contacting the school office on 020 8574 3906 / email email@example.com
Completed application forms should be returned to the school via email or by post office NB The school will only accept the Catholic Education Services Application Form.
St Anselm’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance check. The successful candidate will be required to sign a Catholic Education Service (CES) contract. The post is subject to the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009, as such shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a disqualification Declaration. References will be taken up for all shortlisted candidates prior to interview.
Closing date for applications: 12NOON TUESDAY 19TH JUNE 2018
The school reserves the right to meet early applicants before the deadline.
Interviews to be held in school: THURSDAY 21ST JUNE 2018