Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Year 5 Class Teacher / PPA Teacher to deliver engaging and creative lessons to small groups of children across Year 5. This position is at a much-improved primary school in Acton, West London. The school are hoping for the right candidate to begin with immediate effect, and have experience of working in an EAL heavy environment, with varying degrees of behaviour. The Year 5 Class Teacher / PPA Teacher position will be focusing on the subject of English and Maths.
About the Role
• Year 5 Class Teacher / PPA Teacher
• Year 5 sets for Maths and English in the morning; covering PPA across Key stage 2 in the afternoon
• PPA time made available
• Within the established Key stage 2 team
• Long-term, fixed-term contract with the daily rate for this role at £145-£150
• Salary/daily rate - Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: PGCE/QTS and experience of teaching KS2
About the School
• Set in a very appealing, residential part of Acton
• Larger than average primary school (3 form entry)
• There is no parking available at this school; using public transport is advised
• Multi-cultural environment to work in
In order to be considered for this role, the Year 5 Class Teacher / PPA Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number DDS12092.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.