Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Year 6 Teacher / KS2 Teacher to join a bright and nurturing primary school in Thamesmead (SE28), Bexley. The Year 6 Teacher / KS2 Teacher will be joining an academy dedicated to encouraging the moral, social and cultural development of pupils. This full time Year 6 / KS2 teaching position is available from January 2018 and will be initially contracted through to the end of the academic year, with the potential to turn into a permanent position.
About the Role
· Year 6 Teacher / KS2 Teacher
· Class size of 28 pupils (max would be 30)
· Two TA’s in the class (One is 1:1 with a child with visual impairment)
· Long term role from January till July 2018, potential to turn into a permanent role
· A generous amount of planning, preparation and assessment (PPA) time provided weekly
· NQTs and experienced teachers are welcome to apply
· Daily rate starting at £125 (dependent on experience)
About the School
· Two form entry primary school in Thamesmead
· Recently joined an effective trust, committed to the school’s further improvement
· The school has achieved a number of awards that reflect its commitment to pupils
· Writing skills are above national average
· Strong multicultural links
· Supportive Teaching Assistants based in classes
· Whole school uses a positive behaviour management strategy
· Closest station is Abbey Wood which is a 28-minute train ride from London Bridge
In order to be considered for this role, the Year 6 Teacher / KS2 Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Hold a Bachelor, PGCE or equivalent, relevant teaching degree
· Have proven UK based teaching experience
· Have a strong classroom presence
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number BXV9791.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.