We are looking for a qualified teacher to join our academy as Year Director of Learning. We can be flexible with regard to year group, and all subject specialisms will be considered for this post.
You will have the opportunity to play a strategic role in the development of Harris Academy Orpington, as well as benefiting from the comprehensive CPD and support offered by the Harris Federation.
Harris Academy Orpington opened in September 2016, joining the highly successful Federation of Harris academies in London. Since converting, results have dramatically improved, with a high positive progress 8 score of 0.73 in 2017, putting the Academy within the top 6% of the Schools nationally. Students also achieved above the national rates in GCSE English and Maths. Harris Academy Orpington combines the traditional values of good manners, strong discipline and respect with excellent teaching. Our highly skilled and committed teachers inspire students to work hard and achieve their absolute best. Lessons are interesting and engaging and students are enthusiastic about learning.
- Working with an Assistant Principal to ensure that there are effective pastoral systems and procedures, consistently implemented by all staff, to ensure a positive learning environment at all times
- Overseeing the behaviour, learning and progress of the students in one year group
- Leading a team of tutors
- Ensuring effective parental engagement and communication
- Implementing an effective cross year group initiative
- Working with a Pastoral Support Manager and the Student Welfare Manager making sure the welfare of students is to the highest possible standard.
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link.
Why work at Harris Academy Orpington?
- An opportunity to join an ambitious new academy at the heart of the local community, working with experienced and inspirational leaders towards an outstanding future.
- Harris Academy Orpington combines the traditional values of good manners, strong discipline and respect with excellent teaching.
- Generous Harris benefits package and excellent opportunities for personal and professional development.
We are striving for excellence in Ambition, Achievement and Attitude. We are transforming an academy and community as we work towards outstanding performance in all areas.
For more information, or to arrange a visit to the Academy, please contact Barbara Fathers, HR Manager, at Harris Academy Orpington on 01689 819219..
Are you an Aspiring Middle Leader?
At Harris, we have a strong culture of school improvement, and professional development is at the heart of the Federation. We can offer you the opportunity to gain your NPQML, a qualification that provides a national recognition of your leadership development and professional achievement as a middle leader. This programme is for teachers aspiring to take up middle leadership positions, and led by some of the most talented principals in the country who are highly experienced in improving outcomes for pupils and students. Find out more www.harristeachingschool.com
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.