Inspire their remarkable with us
37 hours per week, term time plus 10 days
We are seeking to appoint two inspirational Year Leader who will drive up the standards of attendance, ‘behaviour for learning’ and conduct of students within a year group.
As a Year Leader you will work directly with the ‘Senior Leader – Behaviour’ in what is a key role in our drive to becoming a national beacon of educational excellence.
We actively welcome applications from colleagues who are already working in a pastoral/behaviour role as well as colleagues who are working in an educational setting and are passionate about becoming a Year Leader.
Career development recruitment incentives:
- Candidates should be looking at this post as a 3 year development pathway to the next stage of their career rather than just a ‘Year Leader’ post. The training and CPD you will receive will be phenomenal.
We advise you to come in and speak with the Headteacher to discuss the above and shape the next 3 years of your career.
In particular, we are seeking an individual who:
- Is fully aligned to our vision and key drivers;
- Is a dynamic and proactive individual who will not be satisfied until all students are making excellent progress, have excellent behaviour and excellent attendance;
- Will proactively work with senior leaders to regularly analyse behaviour and academic data relating to the performance of the year group and identify individuals and cohorts of students that need intervention or support and implement strategies to address this;
- Will play a leading role in terms of supporting the development of Academic Mentoring to ensure it is raising the standards of behaviour, academic achievement and reading;
- Will strive to implement effective approaches which support and engage our most challenging students;
- Will strive to implement effective strategies to rapidly improve and maintain high levels of attendance;
- Will be proactive in engaging parents.
- Will go above and beyond to ensure the job is done effectively and delivers results
The successful candidate will also be:
- Passionate about developing their own practice;
- Driven to keep up to date with the latest teaching and learning research and literature;
- Unwavering in their commitment to promoting the highest standards of teaching and learning across the department and the Academy;
We welcome visits to the academy, to see the school in action and to discuss this post and your career development opportunities. To book an appointment with the Headteacher please email Cathrine Weightman (PA to the Headteacher) on firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about or academy please visit our website
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
Closing date: Wednesday 08 January 2020
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.