37 hours - term time only plus 5 Days
To commence as soon as possible and is on a fixed term basis subject to the future budgetary provision or the operational needs of the school. It is not expected to go beyond 31st August 2017.
Westborough High School is an 11-16 comprehensive school with a passionate commitment to making a difference to children’s lives and ensuring that all pupils have the highest possible learning experience.
We now seek to build on our already strong foundations in order to continue our upward trend of improvement. A key strategy to enable this development is to appoint a hardworking and enthusiastic Year Leader to help lead and guide Year 11 pupils in their final year at Westborough.
You will be a key member of a successful and vibrant Behaviour and Attendance Team liaising with teaching staff, senior leaders and our SENCo and be responsible for the welfare and behaviour of the year group. Working alongside the Head of Year 11 you will require strong administrative skills but also need to be able to act on your own initiative and build strong, positive relationships with teenagers, parents, carers and school staff .
Essential qualities for all applicants include amongst other things:
- The ability to effectively communicate with children/young people, school staff and outside agencies.
- An understanding of child development and learning including Special Educational Needs and also Child Protection Procedures
- Experience of mentoring and one to one support with young people, including those with challenging behaviour.
- The ability to work with parents and carers in order to support the education of the pupils
- A full driving licence
(Please refer to the Job Description, Context Sheet and Person Specification for full details)
As a valued member of our team we can offer:
- Clear and shared values and expectations
- A commitment to tailored professional development
- A stimulating work environment
- An experienced, highly committed and supportive leadership team
If you have the vision and drive for excellence and want to be part of an enthusiastic, dedicated and well-resourced team, committed to ensuring that pupils not only achieve their potential, but exceed it, then we would like to hear from you.
If you require further information about the role, please contact the school on telephone: 01924 469549 or you can visit the school website at www.w-h-s.org.uk
To apply online please visit https://jobs.kirklees.gov.uk/
Application forms should be returned to the Headteacher at the school either by email email@example.com or by post to the school address at the top of the page, by 9 am on Friday 29th September 2017.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
Westborough High School,