Scale H Point 15-17 £24,313-£26,317 FTE
37 hours, term time plus 2 weeks - £12.60 ph paid weeks 46.54
Deadline: 9am Monday 16th September 2019
We are seeking to appoint a member of our non teaching staff as a pastoral Year Leader. This is a key role and you will be solely responsible for a whole year group inlcuding:
• Providing a consistent whole-school approach to behaviour management including the effective use of ‘Praise and Recognition’ and ‘Consequences’ in line with school policies.
• Working with all staff to identify and support pupil behaviours which are barriers to achieving high standards of Teaching and Learning.
• Contribute to, or lead, SEMH interventions as appropriate e.g. through 1-2-1 Mentoring
• Communicating with parents to discuss behaviour of individual pupils; providing strategies/support for the pupil/parents when appropriate.
• Maintaining effective records in relation to all aspects of behaviour with a high standard of communication as required
• To facilitate Restorative Justice meetings between pupils to resolve conflict
• Monitoring uniform and reinforce the Uniform Policy at all times, taking appropriate action to ensure that all pupils achieve acceptable standards of dress.
• Leading the ILEARN tutor programme
In return we can offer you a supportive team and the full benefits of our excellent support and CPD programmes both internally and through the Royal Wootton Bassett Academy Trust.
Job Description (please see application pack)
The job description lists all the main duties of the post, together with further details of the competencies (skills), experience, qualifications, knowledge and abilities required to do the job. The criteria listed within the job description detail how each of these areas will be assessed. It is important that you identify the competencies, experience, qualifications, knowledge and abilities that will be assessed by application form, as you will need to provide evidence that you meet these criteria.
We will require two satisfactory references before a job offer is confirmed; one of which must be your current Headteacher in your present or most recent employment. Please remember to check that your referees are actually available to provide a reference, as failure to do this could cause a delay in confirming your appointment.
How to apply
Candidates must return a completed application form and can attach a supporting letter (no more than 1 side of A4).
Closing date for applications: 9am 16th September 2019
Please be advised that any applications received after this date/time will not be accepted, candidates are responsible for ensuring their application is received. Due to the high number of applications it is not always possible to confirm receipt of applications.
Interviews will be held: TBC