The Governing Body of Farley Junior School is seeking to appoint a Year Leader to join our team.
This vibrant, multicultural school has been serving the local community for 65 years. Children are eager to learn and the school’s vision reflects the commitment of the Headteacher and Governors to equip our pupils to successfully embrace the challenges of the 21st century through the development of strong values and robust self-belief. We are looking for an exemplary primary teacher with a good track record in recent middle leadership or an inspirational teacher looking for the next step in their career to support the attainment of our ambitious vision for every one of our pupils.
Farley Junior was rated good at our last Ofsted inspection in May 2015. Inspectors commented that:
- Leaders and staff work well as a team and strive to do the very best for pupils
- the school is a harmonious community where cultural diversity is celebrated
- pupils show enthusiasm for learning
The school is committed to supporting the professional development of staff at all levels and is a member of the Luton First Teaching Schools’ Alliance.We have a strong system of peer to peer support within school as well as enjoying a supportive school to school relationship with a number of other schools in Luton.
The school benefits from an extremely supportive governing body who will expect you to support the head teacher in:
• continuing to drive up standards, ensuring the best possible outcomes for our learners
• being an integral part of our committed and hardworking staff team focused on meeting the needs of our learners
• providing a role model of aspirational learning for children and adults within our school.
This position will involve a full time teaching commitment.
To be considered, you’ll need to:
• Be an experienced teacher or middle leader
• Be looking for your next exciting challenge
Interviews will be held Monday 18th December 2017
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
CVs will not be accepted for any posts based in schools.