Year Team Leader (Teaching post)
MPS / UPS plus TLR, negotiable for an exceptional candidate
Required for September 2018
The RSA Academy in Tipton (West Midlands) is an oversubscribed and expanding 11-19 school with 1047 students (including Sixth Form). This will rise to 1200 plus sixth form over the next four years. The school has been at the heart of our community since becoming an academy in 2008, and a member of the RSA Family of Academies. The school joined the Central RSA Academies Trust on 1st October 2017.
The Academy was judged to be ‘good’ by Ofsted inspection in July 2016. The school is highly aspirational, boasting fantastic facilities for both students and staff, including a £5 million new build block, to enable expansion that opened in September. Significant changes have been made in the last year to remove barriers to improvement, and the successful candidate will be joining the school at a critical and exciting time and be part of a team to drive things forward.
Our aim is to offer this generation of children, young people and those involved in their education the very best leadership, teaching and learning, professional development and support services. This is a superb opportunity for a talented middle leader.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who will relish the opportunity to:
● Lead one of our year groups
● Manage student attendance and behaviour in liaison
● Improve the outcomes for students
● Work with exceptional professionals to further develop a shared understanding of learning
● Further enhance the quality of learning for students
You are likely to be someone who:
● Has an excellent understanding of pastoral support
● Will be responsible for academic and behavioural standards and will lead a team of tutors.
● Is an outstanding classroom teacher
● Has a proven track-record of improving outcomes for students
● Has an understanding of effective pedagogy
● Understands how to enable students to achieve at the highest level
● Will embrace our highly supportive and professional culture
RSA Academy can offer you:
● The opportunity to work with wonderful young people and their families
● The opportunity to work with exceptional colleagues throughout our Academy
● High quality continued professional development and opportunities to progress
● The opportunity to work within CRSAAT; a forward-thinking multi-academy trust
Please note that this post comes with a teaching commitment. Desirable subjects are Maths, Science, Geography, Product Design, Computer Science, Food and Health and Social Care.
For further information about this post, please email Jo Dallah, HR Assistant at Dallah.firstname.lastname@example.org .
Closing date: Midday on Thursday 19th April 2018
Interviews will be held w/c 23rd April 2018
The Central RSA Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, 2 work references and other employment checks.
RSA Academy, Bilston Road, Tipton, West Midlands, DY4 0BZ